A balanced diet aims to achieve the nutritional needs of macronutrients (proteins, lipids and carbohydrates) and micronutrients (vitamins and minerals), according to individual needs. However, the lack of time for oneself, stress at work and daily life, as well as hours of irregular meals, are so many factors that can deregulate this food balance: by practicality and time saving, we head towards the Fast food, prepared industrial dishes, and other ready-to-use preparations, which for the most part are very poorly balanced.
Food Sensations: Food control Center
The imbalance of daily contributions, in addition to causing overweight and obesity, disturbs our food sensations. The food sensations are the physiological feelings that communicate directly to us what our body needs.
- Hunger occurs when blood glucose drops and tells us that the body needs to eat. Hunger is recognized when a stroke of fatigue is felt or even by gurgling in the stomach.
- The satiation is the sensation that happens during the meal, when the stomach fills up little by little.
- Satiety is the sensation of gastric fullness felt at the end of a meal, or a state of “non-hunger” that informs us that we have eaten enough.
- Appetite is a desire to eat, waiting for a taste of pleasure. In general, this desire is directed towards a group of foods in particular (sweet products, fatty products). It is not a food sensation but an emotional feeling that promotes nibbling and weight gain.
The food intake is no longer properly regulated by these sensations but by desires: we talk about emotional feeding. The desire to eat is therefore very different from the need to feed. Learning to recognize our food sensations allows us to identify our real needs and finally to stabilize its weight and maintain a good health condition.
Simple method to stop the cravings of nibbling
- For people obsessed with food: Take IGNATIA AMARA 9CH + NATRUM MURIATICUM 9CH 3 granules every three times a day until healing.
- To calm the hunger of a big eater: Take ANTIMONIUM CRUDUM 9CH, 3 granules three times a day.
- To calm the nervous hunger after an annoyance: Take IGNATIA AMARA 9 CH, 3 pellets three times a day.
PURESSENTIEL Laboratories have developed a stick-based inhaler:
- Essential Oil of bergamot,
- Ceylon Cinnamon Essential Oil,
- Essential Oil of Mandarin,
- Essential oil of Roman chamomile,
- Essential oil of clove.
An anti-nibbling synergy that will allow the brain to be deceived into believing that one has just eaten. Find all our tips to avoid small hollows on our article 12 natural anti-nibble tips This article was written by Aurélie, our dietetic trainee.