Homeopathy is experiencing a real explosion in France. Now 4 in 10 people use it at least occasionally for treatment.
This unconventional medicine, barely 300 years old, is gradually gaining the recognition of our daily pharmacopoeia. But what do these little homeopathic granules contain to melt under the tongue? Let’s learn about the basics of homeopathy together.
To establish his diagnosis, the homeopathic doctor performs a complete clinical examination. The purpose of this examination is to gather as much information as possible about the patient’s past and history of symptoms related to his disease.
What can we cure with homeopathy and can we cure everything ?
Homeopathy is quite well indicated for treating childhood illnesses such as nasopharyngitis, ear infections, tonsillitis and certain allergies (eczema, hay fever, skin allergies).
It also adapts very well to gynecological symptoms such as menstruation disorders or menopause. But not all diseases can be treated by this therapeutic principle.
The homeopathic process has three essential phases
1- The Personalization Phase:
Each person reacts in a different and personal way to a specific disease or treatment. By considering each case as specific, homeopathy strives to personalize the treatment and adapt it to each individual.
2- The Similarity Phase:
This is the whole paradox of homeopathy. In fact, homeopathy considers that a disease can be treated by administering a very small dose of a substance which, at a high dose, is responsible for the main effect of the same disease. In short: we cure evil with evil, but in small quantities!
3- The Dilution Phase:
In homeopathy, each remedy is strongly diluted to counter the effect of similitude. Otherwise the remedy would have rather the opposite result and would be more dangerous than effective.
Many homeopaths believe that to be effective the remedy must be as diluted as possible. According to this thought, the Arnica 7CH would be more efficient than the Arnica 5 CH.
Colors of homeopathy tubes
The most common homeopathic tubes, like the doses, can be of 7 different colors, each color corresponding to a dilution:
Yellow: 4 CH (Hahnemann centesimal)
Green: 5 CH
Red: 7 CH
Blue: 9 CH
Turquoise: 12 CH
Orange: 15 CH
Purple: 30 CH
How to read the label of a homeopathy tube ?
The “Strain” designates the raw material used as the basis of the homeopathic medicine. The strain name is expressed in Latin: this makes it easy and accurate for doctors around the world to identify drugs.
One of the characteristics of homeopathic medicine is that it is diluted. The number (9 in the example below) indicates the dilution level. In this example, 9 CH means that the raw material has been diluted 9 times to the hundredth (1 drop of raw material in 99 drops of hydroalcoholic solution).
The two letters C.H stand for Hahnemannian Centesimal, that is to say the dilution method developed by Doctor Hahnemann, founder of Homeopathy.
How To Take Homeopathic Granules ?
- Turn the tube upside down so that it is upside down (for doses, keep it upside down)
- Unlock the cap: pull the transparent cap slightly downwards to unlock it
- Turn the cap: turn the transparent cap to drop a granule with each half-turn. The direction of rotation (clockwise or counterclockwise) is irrelevant (for doses, hold the tube and twist the cap while pulling it up)
- Remove the cap: once the desired number of granules has been obtained, all you have to do is remove the cap and place your granules under your tongue (for doses, pour the entire contents of the tube into your mouth and place them granules under the tongue)
Homeopathic advice and tips
- To better absorb the granules and an optimal grip, they must be allowed to melt in the mouth.
- Ditto for liquids, they must be kept for a while in the mouth before ingestion
- It is best to take the granules before meals, or one hour after
- Space and reduce the holds in case of improvement
In case of homeopathic treatment, be careful with essential oils! These substances can have negative effects on the effectiveness of homeopathy.
Homeopathy, a natural solution
Homeopathy can be combined with other therapies. It is better to seek advice from a specialist for more information.
Homeopathic remedies can theoretically be stored indefinitely, except for solutions in liquid or fatty form such as ointments.
To conclude, you can abuse homeopathy on a daily basis and these simple gestures to treat your little ailments and your little allergies, it’s natural.
Examples of Homeopathic Treatments
- Allium cepa: onion – runny nose
- Apis mellifica: bee – insect stings, edema
- Arnica montana: arnica – various traumas
- Arsenicum album: arsenious anhydride – food poisoning
- Belladonna: belladonna – tonsillitis, fever
- Chamomilla vulgaris: chamomile – dental problems
- Drosera rotundifolia: sundew – painful coughs
- Dulcamara: bittersweet – rheumatism
- Gelsemium sempervirens: jasmine from virginia – emotionality, stage fright
- Ignatia amara: St Ignatius bean – nervous breakdown
- Ipeca: root of lpeca – bronchitis
- Lachesis mutus: snake venom – angina, female problems
- Mercurius solubilis: mercury – angina
- Nux vomica: vomit nut – digestive problems
- Pulsatilla: pasque flower – circulatory disorders, colds
- Rhus toxicodendron: poison ivy – rheumatism, herpes
- Thuja occidentalis: thuja – warts