Fruits, seeds, berries, vegetables and more, superfoods are increasingly taking over markets and plates. With a high nutritional value , healthy foods help to regulate our body . Antioxidant, detoxifying, revitalizing, the assets and effects are numerous and their effectiveness demonstrated. From goji berry to ginseng, including seaweed and kale, these concentrated nutrients allow a more balanced and healthy diet . Seeds and spices are also excellent sources of all kinds of trace elements.
Boost Your Immune System With Superfoods
In general, superfoods include all foods that are rich in trace elements and whose daily consumption has a positive effect on the body. For its proper functioning, our body needs various nutrients that some cannot synthesize naturally.
These needs are grouped under 3 major groups:
- Macronutrients which are particularly necessary for energy supply (carbohydrates and lipids), the assimilation of other nutrients (lipids) and the construction of tissues (proteins).
- Micronutrients that act in the functioning of organs and our immune system (vitamins, minerals and trace elements).
- Fiber , which is especially necessary for our digestion.
These three large groups are further subdivided into several microelements which have specific actions. And it is the high content of these microelements that make the specificity of superfoods.
Super foods to boost your immune system
Among all the existing super-foods , those which boost the immune system the best are moringa, spirulina , camu-camu, maca , turmeric… to be added to fruity smoothies, detoxifying and energizing. If you are not at all tempted by drinks, chia seeds, flax seeds and others are perfect for preparing little sweets: cookies, bowl of healthy fruits, ..
If you are not particularly good in cooking, food supplements derived from these ingredients can be a good alternative: royal jelly and honey, wheat germ, acai, goji berries … In pill, capsule, tablet, capsule or other, the assets are concentrated there for maximum effect.
Which superfoods to choose?
Why are some people more resistant to disease than others? Quite simply because their immune defenses are stronger. To have a healthy body, you have to focus on two points:
- Detoxify the body:
Toxins refer to the elements that we have in excess in the body due to pollution, but also from a poor diet. They weaken the body and allow the proliferation of microbes. For a detox cure, it is necessary to favor detoxifying foods such as lemon, artichoke… and with antioxidant properties such as garlic or strawberries.
- Eat foods rich in vitamins and minerals:
Vitamin A, vitamin D, vitamin C, vitamin B6, folic acid and vitamin B12 as well as iron, copper, selenium and zinc are the main elements necessary for our immune defenses.
– Vitamin A strengthens the skin and mucous membranes. It is mostly found in carrots, pumpkins and sweet potatoes.
– Vitamin D is involved in cell division and improves the response of white blood cells to microbes.
– Fish and avocado are the most suitable for vitamin D intake.
– Vitamin C protects against cellular aging and promotes the renewal of certain white blood cells.
– Citrus fruits and fruits in general are rich in vitamin C.
-Vitamin B6 regulates the immune system, while vitamins B9 and B12 are involved in normal blood production. They are mainly present in meat, fish, vegetables and whole grains.
– Iron is involved in the production of macrophages, cells whose role is to absorb and destroy particles foreign to the body. Nuts are generally high in iron.
– Copper, meanwhile promotes the manufacture of antibodies, cocoa and nuts are superfoods rich in copper of plant origin.
– Selenium, like copper, is essential for the production of antibodies. It is mainly present in pulses and nuts.
– Finally, zinc is involved in many metabolic processes, and improves the immune response. Zinc is mostly found in whole grain foods.
Naturopathic advice to boost your immune system
To be in better shape and resist aggression more effectively:
- Eat at least 5 fruits and vegetables a day: www.mangerbouger.fr,
- Maintain an adequate intake of proteins and dairy products (for their calcium intake) for the health of muscles and bones,
- Drink between 1 and 1.5 liters of water per day, even without thirst,
- Maintain even moderate physical activities such as walking, gymnastics, gardening …
- Do not isolate yourself: invite, go out with your friends and family.
- Playing sports, eating a balanced diet and getting regular sleep can also help prevent disease.
In short, a superfood is, as the name suggests, a food with super health powers. Indeed, it has a remarkable nutritional value for the body. Superfoods are naturally also packed with medicinal benefits.