A balanced diet aims to meet nutritional needs in macronutrients ( proteins , fats and carbohydrates ) and micronutrients (vitamins and minerals), according to individual needs and this, in order to control their cravings for food.
However, the lack of time for oneself, the stress at work and daily life, as well as irregular meal times, are so many factors that can disrupt this dietary balance : for convenience and time saving, we are moving towards fast food, industrial prepared meals, and other ready-to-use preparations, most of which are very unbalanced.
Control your food cravings by controlling your eating sensations
The imbalance of daily intakes, in addition to causing overweight and obesity , disrupts our food sensations .
Food sensations are physiological feelings that directly communicate to us what our body needs.
- The hunger occurs when blood sugar drops and informs us that the body needs to eat. Hunger is recognized when a stroke of fatigue is felt or by gurgling in the stomach.
- The glut is the sensation that happens during the meal, when the stomach fills gradually.
- The fullness is the fullness sensation felt at the end of a meal or a state of “no hunger” which informs us that we have eaten enough.
- The appetite is a desire to eat, pending a gustatory pleasure. In general, this desire is directed towards a particular food group (sugary products, fatty products). It is not a food sensation, but an emotional feeling that promotes snacking and weight gain.
It is then cravings that regulate food intake and not these sensations: we speak of emotional eating . The desire to eat is therefore very different from the need to eat.
Learning to recognize our food sensations therefore allows us to identify our real needs and ultimately to stabilize our weight and maintain good health.
Anti-snacking tips to control your cravings for food
- For people obsessed with food: take IGNATIA AMARA 9CH + NATRUM MURIATICUM 9CH , 3 granules of each three times a day until healing.
- To calm the hunger of a big eater: take ANTIMONIUM CRUDUM 9CH , 3 granules three times a day.
- To calm nervous hunger after an annoyance: take IGNATIA AMARA 9 CH , 3 granules kings times a day.
PURESSENTIEL laboratories have developed an inhaler stick based on essential oils of:
- Ceylon cinnamon,
- Roman chamomile,
An anti-snacking synergy that will make it possible to trick the brain into believing that we have just eaten.